Motivation is the key to developing a workout routine and staying in shape. Finding a jogging buddy, creating the perfect workout music playlist and finding the best clip on speakers for running are all part of what makes you excited to go for a run. The music prevents monotony and curbs outside distraction to keep you focused.
Here’s a list of the five best clip on speakers for running to push you through the toughest of terrains while listening to your favorite playlists:
Best Clip On Speakers For Running
The Kunodi Wireless Outdoor speaker tops the list as the overall best clip on speaker for running with an excellent combination of size and performance. With a high-capacity battery and durable silicone casing, this outdoor Bluetooth speaker is certified IP45 waterproof and dustproof. Its friendly design also features an aluminum metal carabiner hanger to attach it anywhere you want.
Ultra-portable and lightweight, the kunodi outdoor speaker delivers a superior sound quality with excellent bass and great clarity. It also features a high-capacity Li-ion battery (800mAh) that can offer 4-6 hours of music playtime. Moreover, its inbuilt mic allows you to pick calls when you connect it with your Smartphone conveniently.
- Impressive and friendly design
- Supports Bluetooth and AUX line connection
- IP45 waterproof, shockproof and dustproof
- Built-in mic for hands-free calling
- Adjusting the volume can be a bit tricky
The Kunodi outdoor Bluetooth speaker is the overall best clip on speaker for anyone under a budget. It delivers phenomenal performance and durability at a very affordable price, giving you great value for your money. It’s truly a versatile outdoor speaker that delivers the toughness and exceptional sound performance that you need for outdoor running.
The Ultimate Ears Roll 2 is hands down among the best portable Bluetooth speakers for running and also a personal favorite. The speaker is unbelievably light (0.7 lbs), and it comes with a stretchy marine-grade bungee to strap it on your backpack or any place you want your music. Even better, the speaker is IPX7 waterproof, allowing you to work out flawlessly under rain without worrying about damaging it.
Despite its small size, the UE Roll 2 delivers an impressive audio performance. Its 360-degree sound quality gets extremely loud, with a decent bass output that doesn’t bleed into the mids. That said, don’t expect a heart-thumping bass because of its size, but the audio is pleasant to listen. Additionally, the speaker can deliver more than 8 hours of battery life.
- Extremely solid and durable construction
- IPX7 waterproof
- Long Bluetooth range (100 ft)
- Reliable battery
The UE Roll 2 is one of the best clip on speakers for running suited for use under any weather or terrain. It combines a sleek design with extraordinary battery life and phenomenal sound quality to keep you motivated when working out. Furthermore, it’s extremely convenient thanks to its Bluetooth range and waterproof capabilities.
The TOKK Smart Wearable Assistant is a high-quality Bluetooth speaker with a mic to replace your Bluetooth headphones and other portable speakers. This small and reliable speaker magnetically attaches to your garments or any metal objects, securely holding it in place during vigorous activities. Additionally, it packs some cool features in a sleek design.
While TOKK doesn’t promise a booming bass, it lets you enjoy your music with high-quality sound output. You can use the multi-function button to play and pause music, answer or hang-up calls, take selfies, as well as activate the voice control smart assistant. Its extra simple to use and it offers a 4-hour battery life in continuous usage (40 hours on standby mode).
- Excellent built-in microphone
- Compatible Google Now, Siri and Cortana
- Remote shutter ability for taking selfies
- Noise cancellation feature
- Not loud enough for noisy environments
If you don’t want to miss important phone calls when running or working out at the gym, then the TOKK smart wearable speakerphone is what you need. The volume is a little lacking, but the speaker is still worth the money thanks to its sleek design and excellent speakerphone capabilities.
The Polk Audio Boom Bit is a tiny, portable Bluetooth speaker with a simple design and water-resistant exteriors. Weighing about 32 grams, this lightweight speaker has the shape and size of a cigarette lighter. This speaker includes a standard USB with hinged cap for a quick and easy charging on the go. The speaker is ideally worn around the collar level, and it comes with a spring steel clip that allows you to fasten it on your clothes securely.
Connecting to your phone through Bluetooth, this speaker gives you a reasonable sound output, though its nothing overwhelming. Due to its size, the bass is a little lacking though it sounds pretty loud at close range. It delivers a 1.5-watt audio performance, though it gets a little distorted when you push the volume to the maximum. Nonetheless, you can use it as your speakerphone for hands-free calls when running.
- 100% shockproof and dirt-proof
- Built-in microphone
- A reasonable amount of sound
- Lightweight construction
- The bass response is underwhelming
- Poor battery life ( less than 3 hours)
If you don’t like running with your headphones, the Polk Audio Boom Bit is here for your needs. The Speaker is highly affordable, and you can easily attach it on your collar for optimal performance. Its inbuilt battery can last for only three hours, but it comes with a built-in standard USB connector for charging without using any cables.
If you’re in the market for a super-rugged Bluetooth speaker that’s 100% waterproof and dustproof, the SHARKK 2O is undoubtedly among the best. Rated IP67 waterproof, the speaker delivers a fantastic functionality even when immersed in water to a 1-meter depth. Apart from its solid design, it comes with an inbuilt mic and a rechargeable 2200-mAh battery.
When playing music, you’ll be amazed by the sound quality, specifically the bass performance thanks to its dual 4W speakers. The bass is thumping, and the speaker can get really loud with zero distortion. The inbuilt mic also works well with most mobile phones for hands-free calling, while its inbuilt battery delivers 10 hours of music playtime.
- Reliable 10-hour battery life
- Solid design
- Surprisingly powerful bass
- Built-in mic for hands-free calls and voice prompts
- A little heavy for long-distance running
The Sharkk 2O easily fits your description if you want a heavy duty outdoor speaker that’s completely waterproof and dustproof. It’s heavily armored with military-grade rubber materials to make it durable, but you’ll need to be comfortable carrying about 0.5kg when running. Nonetheless, it’s a wonderful companion when working out on the treadmill.
How We Choose The Best Clip On Speakers For Running
Today, there are many speakers available on the market for various sporting activities. As such, it can be a little tricky to choose the best speakers for running, especially when you don’t know what to look for in a speaker.
Here are some factors worth considering:
1. Sound Quality – whether you’re running at the tracks or on the treadmill, you’ll need a speaker that can deliver a high-quality sound. They should be able to capable of delivering high-quality audio on a consistent basis. The ideal speaker for running should give you an incredible audio performance with crisp highs and punchy lows to enjoy your workout playlists without distractions.
2. Waterproof Rating – If you like going out for morning runs or jogging under harsh weather conditions, then you need a running speaker that can survive outdoor elements like rain, dust, sand, and These speakers feature an IPX water-resistant rating, allowing you to know how well they’ll cope with water exposure. That ranges from surviving water splashes to being fully submersible.
3. Ease Of Use – Having in mind that you’ll be using the speaker as you carry out your workout routine, you’ll need a speaker with intuitive control buttons for easy use. That means you don’t have to stop to change the track or adjust the volume. A good running speaker will also offer multiple connectivity options such as Bluetooth, SD card reader and AUX input to allow you to stream the music seamlessly.
4. Portability – The very best clip-on speakers for running feature a compact and highly portable design without compromising the sound quality. They should be small and robust enough to conveniently tote around, either clipped on to a belt loop or backpack or easily thrown into a purse or carryall. Moreover, the speaker should feel like it’s barely there when running. After all, you don’t want anything weighing you down when working out.
There you have it, the best clip-on speakers for running, jogging and working out at the gym. With these speakers, you’ll enjoy a pleasant audio quality listening to your favorite workout playlists and the exhilarating feeling of working out. Moreover, it can be a great way to stay motivated when exercising.